Saturday, November 13, 2010

currently reading/just read.


The Red Pyramid was actually pretty good. Granted, it's no Harry Potter ... but good nonetheless. Intially, Riordan's use of dialogue was distracting but about 50 pages in, I didn't even notice it because of the fast moving plot. The thing I don't like about Riordan's books is that all the main characters partake in the same basic plot which is "...I have supreme magical powers, my parent(s) are gods, I have to save the world, whaaaat? I guessssss/ I'm surprisingly so bad ass at life even though I just came to the terms that _______ exists". 
Rating: B

So I'm reading The Lost Hero but I'm not as enthusiastic about it just because it seems a little redundant. Also, I stopped reading the Percy Jackson series after the first because there were just too many similarities to Harry Potter (including the physical description of the main character) that it became about finding those parallels to Harry Potter rather than actually reading the book to read the book. Anywho, the only reason I want to finish is so that I could start reading something else. 

(read half) Rating: B-





No comments:

Post a Comment